As a forum for NCO professional development, we highly encourage submissions from all viewpoints, but we ask that you read and agree to the Terms of Participation listed below. Ensure your article is related and relevant to NCO professional development. However, we will consider articles that have value to the Army ... articles that introduce new concepts, provide fresh perspectives or views that differ from orthodox views. The experience and knowledge you share through this website will help support present and future NCOs and positively affect the future of the United States Army. Also, take advantage of the NCO Journal Facebook page to start a discussion and pass on your hard-earned knowledge and experience, mentor and be mentored, so that all NCOs can benefit from the open exchange of ideas. Please note the following Submission Guidelines:
Note: We have received some reports of users experiencing technical difficulties when attempting to submit articles. If you are on a Windows 10 computer you may need to ensure that Microsoft Outlook is set as your default email application so the link opens in Outlook. (You can find instructions on how to set Outlook as your default email application here.)
Alternatively, if you are still experiencing problems please copy and paste this email address firstname.lastname@example.org into the To: line of your email.
Terms of Participation
This is an official Department of Defense website, and you represent yourself when commenting. We hope to receive submissions from all viewpoints, but we ask that all participants agree to the following Terms of Participation:
- The NCO Journal reserves the right to edit all submissions.
- To ensure constructive questions, please post only questions directly related and relevant to the Department of Defense and to the noncommissioned officer corps.
- Refrain from posting questions that contain threats, obscenity, material that would violate the law if published here, abusive, defamatory or sexually explicit material.
- Submissions containing the following will be deleted: Contains obscene or threatening language or discrimination (hate speech) based on race, sex, gender, religion, national origin, age, or disability.
- Authors should not submit an article to the NCO Journal while it is being considered elsewhere. Do not submit an article to a second publication until after the NCO Journal has fully reviewed it and decided whether or not to publish it. Authors who do so will be denied future consideration for publication in the NCO Journal.
- Promotes services or products (not including non-commercial links that are relevant to the topic)
- Includes any personal or sensitive information (phone numbers, email or postal addresses)
- Operational Security (OPSEC). All personnel (including families and friends of service members) have a responsibility to ensure that no information that might put our military members in jeopardy or would be of use to our adversaries is posted to websites that are readily accessible to the public. Not surprisingly, that information includes, among other things, technical information, operation plans, troop movement schedules, current and future locations of military units and ships, descriptions of overseas bases, details of weapons systems, or discussions of areas frequented by service members overseas. Other information that’s not as obvious but should also not be discussed in an open forum includes daily military activities and operations, equipment status, unit morale, and results of operations. Any of these topics, if released in an open medium, have the ability to provide our adversaries opportunities to harm our military members.