Suggested Themes and Topics
Download the PDF
- What operational and logistical challenges are foreseen due to infrastructure limitations in potential foreign areas of operation, and how can we mitigate them?
- What is needlessly duplicated in the Army (e.g., what should be done away with, how should the Army adjust, and how would it benefit)?
- What is the progress in development of Futures Command?
- Technology advancements and their application
- Case studies: How do we properly integrate emerging technology?
- What nations consider themselves to be at war or in conflict with the United States? How are they conducting war, and what does this mean for the Army?
- China case study: How does Japan's effort to establish the "Greater East Asia Co-Prosperity Sphere" compare with current Chinese efforts to develop the “New Silk Road” and assert control over the South China Sea?
- Case study on civil-military operations: How does tactical-level military governance during occupation following World War II and Operation Iraqi Freedom compare?
- Update on status of the regional power rivalry between Saudi Arabia and Iran
- What are the security threats, concerns, and events resulting from illegal immigration globally?
- What must we do to create a more effective means of developing and maintaining institutional memory in order to deal with emerging challenges?
- What is the role for the Army in homeland security operations? What must the Army be prepared for?
- What is the role of the military in protecting natural resources?
- What are the potential adverse impacts on military standards due to factors associated with poor integration of new cultures, ethnicities, or racial considerations, and how can those impacts be mitigated?
- Case study: How is gender integration changing the Army and how it operates?
Large-Scale Combat Operations
Back to Top